RemoteUnited Kingdom, England, Luton£40,000 - £50,000 per yearRecruitment
Hi There Operations manager with passion for people!
You will be joining one of the top international companies operating out of Norfolk, Bristol and Eye. In this business, it's about the processing of meat. For human consumption, pet food and pharmaceutical. This company has about 10.000 people employed worldwide working out of approximately 26 locations. So you will be joining a lot of passionate colleagues both in the UK and internationally.
Now it's probably time to reveal what we are actually looking for ;-). We are looking to recruit a ‘hands on’ Operations manager, preferably with previous experience (or very passionate about) within the food manufacturing industry. Our future Operations manager can be based at any of the sites (Norfolk, Hull, Malton and Suffolk) but must be willing to travel between all sites for proper performance of their duties.
The strong emphasis on hands on may require some clarification. Given the fact that we work with many colleagues in the production department, and we consider Operations management very important, you will also spend a lot of time on the floor. Directing and guiding a group of employees is an important factor as well as establishing and maintaining the team spirit and joint activities needed to achieve set goals. Extra-organizational awareness: Demonstrating awareness of social, political and economic developments and using this knowledge effectively for one's own job or organization. Making and maintaining a favorable first impression on others; inspiring confidence in others!
So it's definitely not a role where you only sit in process books and manuals. You are the pivot between operations and the company and you will be the true spirit in everydays business. When you care, they care!
Make it work is the mentality within this company!
What are you bringing to the table?
Still here!? Great! Offcourse we have to mention the bulletpoints. We don't like them but they will help us both. So here we go!
* Develops and implements annual plan.
* Ensures optimal and effective capacity and staff planning (quantity and quality).
* Monitors and manages the realisation of the lead/ delivery times and budgets.
* Follows the market developments and shares this with relevant stakeholders.
* Follows up incidents and complaints, investigates causes and advises on improvements.
* Ensures a complete administration, invoice control and timely reporting.
* Ensures effective employee training.* Ensures a safe and healthy working environment for employees.
* Maintains relationships with management of slaughterhouses.
* Supervises and coaches Supervisors Gutrooms.
* Recruits and selects new employees.
* Advises on intestinal specific matters in Europe.
What are we bringing to the table?
• Salarypackage of around 50.000 GBP
• 25 Days Holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
• Bonus 1.5 month salary.
• Pension Scheme with 5% Employer contribution
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Company Vehicle
Sound great right? So what are you waiting for? Hit the apply button and see you on the other side!